- Use a soft toothbrush to clean your teeth twice a day, and rinse with a teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water at least four times a day.
- Don’t use commercial mouthwashes that contain alcohol without first asking the doctor. Sometimes they irritate your mouth
- Avoid tobacco and alcoholic drinks.
- Sip fluids, especially water, and eat moist foods such as casseroles if you have a dry mouth. It may also help to suck on ice chips or frozen pineapple, or chew sugar-free gum.|
- Eat blended foods, soups, scrambled eggs, mashed potatoes, milkshakes and ice creams.
- Moisten foods with butter.
- Ask your doctor or nurse for information on artificial saliva preparations.