- What is cancer
- Cancer A-Z
- Cancer statistics
- Interactive body map
- Check your cancer risk online
- Living with cancer
- Life after cancer
- For Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Cancer support organisations
- Australian cancer trials
- Jeannie Ferris Award
- Information about cancer and COVID-19
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) Resources
Cancer is a disease of the cells, which are the body’s basic building blocks. Cancer occurs when abnormal cells grow in an uncontrolled way. These abnormal cells can damage or invade the surrounding tissues, or spread to other parts of the body, causing further damage.
This section provides information for people affected by cancer, including people living with cancer, cancer survivors, carers and family members.
Cancer Australia does not provide individual treatment advice
People seeking information about care and treatment for their individual situation are advised to speak with their doctor or another health professional.