Women who live outside a major city may need to travel to see a specialist surgeon, radiation oncologist or medical oncologist.

Once the treatment plan has been decided, it’s usually possible to have chemotherapy at a hospital in the nearest regional town. However, some women have to travel for surgery and radiotherapy.

It may be possible for women who need to travel to get financial assistance, accommodation or other practical help during treatment.