- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare 2015. BreastScreen Australia data dictionary: version 1.1. Cancer series no. 92. Cat. no. CAN 90. Canberra: AIHW.
- BreastScreen Australia Clinical Advisory Committee. Use of Fine Needle Aspiration in BreastScreen Australia Services. 2017 [available from: http://www.cancerscreening.gov.au/internet/screening/publishing.nsf/Content/cac-Use-of-Fine-Needle-Aspiration]
- Bonifacino, A., et al. (2005) “Accuracy rates of US-guided vacuum-assisted breast biopsy.” Anticancer Research 25: 2465-2470.
- Cancer Australia (2017). Investigation of a new breast symptom - a guide for general practitioners. 2017 [available from: https://canceraustralia.gov.au/publications-and-resources/cancer-australia-publications/investigation-new-breast-symptom-guide-general-practitioners]
- Cancer Australia. Early detection of breast cancer. 2015 [Available from: https://canceraustralia.gov.au/publications-and-resources/position-statements/early-detection-breast-cancer.
- Łukasiewicz E, Ziemiecka A, Jakubowski W, Vojinovic J, Bogucevska M, Dobruch-Sobczak K: Fine-needle versus core-needle biopsy – which one to choose in preoperative assessment of focal lesions in the breasts? Literature review. J Ultrason 2017; 17: 267–274.
- Lieske, B., et al. (2006). "Role of fine-needle aspiration cytology and core biopsy in the preoperative diagnosis of screen-detected breast carcinoma." British Journal of Cancer 95(1): 62-66.
- Liikanen, J., et al. (2016). "Breast cancer prognosis and isolated tumor cell findings in axillary lymph nodes after core needle biopsy and fine needle aspiration cytology Biopsy method and breast cancer outcome." European Journal of Surgical Oncology 42(1): 64-70.
- Mak, W. S., et al. (2012). "Ultrasound-guided biopsy of solid breast lesions: Should fine-needle aspiration be replaced by core biopsy?" Hong Kong Journal of Radiology 15(1): 10-14.
- Mitra S, Dey P. Fine-needle aspiration and core biopsy in the diagnosis of breast lesions: A comparison and review of the literature. CytoJournal 2016; 13:18.
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network (2018) Breast cancer screening and diagnosis. Version 3.2018. Available at: https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/default.aspx.
- National Health Service (2016) NHS Breast Screening Programme. Clinical guidance for breast cancer screening assessment. NHSBSP publication number 49. Available at: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/567600/Clinical_guidance_for_breast__cancer_screening__assessment_Nov_2016.pdf
- Sardanelli, F., et al. (2017). "Position paper on screening for breast cancer by the European Society of Breast Imaging (EUSOBI) and 30 national breast radiology bodies from Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Israel, Lithuania, Moldova, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey." European Radiology 27(7): 2737-2743.
- The Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia. (2018). ASCO CAP 2018 HER2 Testing for Breast Cancer Guidelines - Recommendations for Practice in Australasia. https://www.rcpa.edu.au/Library/College-Policies/Guidelines/ASCO-CAP-2018-HER2-Testing-for-Breast-Cancer-Guide. Access date 21 March 2019.
- Wang, M., et al. (2017). "A sensitivity and specificity comparison of fine needle aspiration cytology and core needle biopsy in evaluation of suspicious breast lesions: A systematic review and meta-analysis." Breast 31: 157-166.
- Willems S M, van Deurzen CHM, van Diest PJ. (2012) Diagnosis of breast lesions: fine-needle aspiration cytology or core needle biopsy? A review. J Clin Pathol 65:287e292.
Cancer Australia was established by the Australian Government in 2006 to benefit all Australians affected by cancer, and their families and carers. Cancer Australia aims to reduce the impact of cancer, address disparities and improve outcomes for people affected by cancer by leading and coordinating national, evidence-based interventions across the continuum of care.
Freecall 1800 624 973
+61 2 9357 9400
Locked Bag 3, Strawberry Hills