- National Breast Cancer Centre. Clinical practice guidelines for the management of early breast cancer (2nd edition). Commonwealth of Australia, Canberra, 2001.
- Early Breast Cancer Trialists' Collaborative Group (EBCTCG), Darby S, McGale P, et al. Effect of radiotherapy after breast-conserving surgery on 10-year recurrence and 15-year breast cancer death: meta-analysis of individual patient data for 10,801 women in 17 randomised trials. Lancet. 2011;378(9804):1707-16.
- James ML, Lehman M, Hider PN, et al. Fraction size in radiation treatment for breast conservation in early breast cancer. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2008;3):CD003860.
- Faculty of Radiation Oncology and The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists. RANZCR The Clinicians guide to radiation oncology. M Barton, Editor, Sydney, 2002.
- Poortmans PM, Collette L, Bartelink H, et al. The addition of a boost dose on the primary tumour bed after lumpectomy in breast conserving treatment for breast cancer. A summary of the results of EORTC 22881-10882 "boost versus no boost" trial. Cancer Radiother. 2008;12(6-7):565-70.
- Whelan TJ, Pignol JP, Levine MN, et al. Long-term results of hypofractionated radiation therapy for breast cancer. N Engl J Med. 2010;362(6):513-20.
- Owen JR, Ashton A, Bliss JM, et al. Effect of radiotherapy fraction size on tumour control in patients with early-stage breast cancer after local tumour excision: long-term results of a randomised trial. Lancet Oncol. 2006;7(6):467-71.
- Hillier S, Grimmer-Somers K, Merlin T, et al. FORM: An Australian method for formulating and grading recommendations in evidence-based clinical guidelines. BMC Medical Research Methodology. 2011;11(23):11-23.
- National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC). NHMRC additional levels of evidence and grades for recommendations for developers of guidelines. NHMRC, Commonwealth of Australia, 2009.
- Haviland JS, Owen JR, Dewar JA, et al. The UK Standardisation of Breast Radiotherapy (START) trials of radiotherapy hypofractionation for treatment of early breast cancer: 10-year follow-up results of two randomised controlled trials. Lancet Oncol. 2013;14(11):1086-94.
- Spooner D, Stocken DD, Jordan S, et al. A Randomised Controlled Trial to Evaluate both the Role and the Optimal Fractionation of Radiotherapy in the Conservative Management of Early Breast Cancer. Clinical Oncology. 2012;24(10):697-706.
- Yarnold J, Bentzen SM, Coles C and Haviland J. Hypofractionated whole-breast radiotherapy for women with early breast cancer: myths and realities. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011;79(1):1-9.
- Whelan T, MacKenzie R, Julian J, et al. Randomized trial of breast irradiation schedules after lumpectomy for women with lymph node-negative breast cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2002;94(15):1143-50.
- Bane AL, Whelan TJ, Pond GR, et al. Tumor Factors Predictive of Response to Hypofractionated Radiotherapy in a Randomized Trial Following Breast Conserving Therapy. Ann Oncol. 2014;.
- Herbert C, Nichol A, Olivotto I, et al. The Impact of Hypofractionated Whole Breast Radiotherapy on Local Relapse in Patients with Grade 3 Early Breast Cancer: A Population-based Cohort Study. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012;82(5):2086-92.
- Bentzen SM, Agrawal RK, Aird EG, et al. The UK Standardisation of Breast Radiotherapy (START) Trial A of radiotherapy hypofractionation for treatment of early breast cancer: a randomised trial. Lancet Oncol. 2008;9(4):331-41.
- Bentzen SM, Agrawal RK, Aird EG, et al. The UK Standardisation of Breast Radiotherapy (START) Trial B of radiotherapy hypofractionation for treatment of early breast cancer: a randomised trial. Lancet. 2008;371(9618):1098-107.
- Yarnold J, Ashton A, Bliss J, et al. Fractionation sensitivity and dose response of late adverse effects in the breast after radiotherapy for early breast cancer: long-term results of a randomised trial. Radiother Oncol. 2005;75(1):9-17.
- National Breast and Ovarian Cancer Centre. A systematic literature review of hypofractionated radiotherapy for the treatment of early breast cancer. NBOCC, Surry Hills NSW, 2010.
- Cancer Australia. Hypofractionated radiotherapy for the treatment of early breast cancer: an updated systemantic review. Cancer Australia, Surry Hills, 2014.
- FAST Trialists group, Agrawal RK, Alhasso A, et al. First results of the randomised UK FAST Trial of radiotherapy hypofractionation for treatment of early breast cancer (CRUKE/04/015). Radiother Oncol. 2011;100(1):93-100.
- Fisher CM and Rabinovitch R. Frontiers in radiotherapy for early-stage invasive breast cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2014;32(26):2894-901.
- Smith BD, Bentzen SM, Correa CR, et al. Fractionation for Whole Breast Irradiation: An American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) Evidence-Based Guideline. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011;81(1):59-68.
- Hopwood P, Haviland JS, Sumo G, et al. Comparison of patient-reported breast, arm, and shoulder symptoms and body image after radiotherapy for early breast cancer: 5-year follow-up in the randomised Standardisation of Breast Radiotherapy (START) trials. Lancet Oncol. 2010;11(3):231-40.
- Haffty BG and Buchholz TA. Hypofractionated breast radiation: preferred standard of care? Lancet Oncol. 2013;14(11):1032-4.
- Chan EK, Woods R, McBride ML, et al. Adjuvant hypofractionated versus conventional whole breast radiation therapy for early-stage breast cancer: long-term hospital-related morbidity from cardiac causes. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2014;88(4):786-92.
- Chan EK, Woods R, Virani S, et al. Long-term mortality from cardiac causes after adjuvant hypofractionated vs. conventional radiotherapy for localized left-sided breast cancer. Radiother Oncol. 2014.
Cancer Australia was established by the Australian Government in 2006 to benefit all Australians affected by cancer, and their families and carers. Cancer Australia aims to reduce the impact of cancer, address disparities and improve outcomes for people affected by cancer by leading and coordinating national, evidence-based interventions across the continuum of care.
Freecall 1800 624 973
+61 2 9357 9400
Locked Bag 3, Strawberry Hills