Cancer Australia will manage the implementation of the Mission supported by a Strategic Advisory Group.
The Australian Brain Cancer Mission Strategic Advisory Group will:
- Provide strategic advice and/or guidance on achieving the Mission’s goal
- Provide guidance on alignment of key initiatives with the Mission’s objectives
- Provide advice on emerging issues nationally and internationally to inform the work of the Mission
- Identify and advise on collaborative opportunities and approaches to achieve the Mission’s Goal.
- Identify and advise on leveraging opportunities and investments while ensuring there is no duplication of initiatives, infrastructure or platforms.
The Australia Brain Cancer Mission Strategic Advisory Group comprises of brain cancer patients/or carers (consumers), clinicians, researchers, co-investors, and industry representatives, and a member of the Medical Research Future Fund’s (MRFF) Australian Medical Research Advisory Board. Members of the Strategic Advisory Group are:
- Professor Adele Green AC – Chair
- Ms Carrie Bickmore
- Ms Michelle Burke
- Professor Nick Gottardo
- Professor Douglas Hilton AO
- Associate Professor Lindy Jeffree
- Associate Professor Eng-Siew Koh
- Ms Robyn Leonard
- Ms Sarah Mamalai
- Professor Grant McArthur
- Mr Dustin Perry
- Professor Mark Rosenthal
- Professor Andrew Scott AM
- Professor Brandon Wainwright
- Ms Annabelle Wilson