Cancer Australia administers the Mission supported by a Strategic Advisory Group.
The Australian Brain Cancer Mission Strategic Advisory Group will:
- Provide strategic advice and/or guidance on achieving the Mission’s goal
- Provide guidance on alignment of key initiatives with the Mission’s objectives
- Provide advice on emerging issues nationally and internationally to inform the work of the Mission
- Identify and advise on collaborative opportunities and approaches to achieve the Mission’s Goal.
- Identify and advise on leveraging opportunities and investments while ensuring there is no duplication of initiatives, infrastructure or platforms.
- Consider outcomes arising from a review of the Mission and support the development of a revised Mission Implementation Plan.
The Australia Brain Cancer Mission Strategic Advisory Group comprises of brain cancer patients/or carers (consumers), clinicians, researchers, co-investors, and a member of the Medical Research Future Fund’s (MRFF) Australian Medical Research Advisory Board. Members of the Strategic Advisory Group are:
- Professor Sanchia Aranda AM - Chair
- Ms Aileen Boyd-Squires
- Ms Carrie Bickmore OAM
- Professor Doug Hilton AO
- Mr Dustin Perry
- Associate Professor Eng-Siew Koh
- Professor Jennifer Byrne
- Dr Jessica Buck
- Associate Professor Jordan Hansford
- Dr Lawrence Cher
- Ms Marianne McNamara
- Ms Marina Kastelan
- Professor Nick Gottardo
- Associate Professor Rosemary Harrup
- Dr Ursula Sansom-Daly